On today's walk in the Haller Lake neighborhood, I was rewarded with a view of the lake. After walking down a dead-end street at Densmore and 125th, I came to a lovely spot with a picnic table, a bench and lake access. There are many private lanes and single family homes surrounding the lake.


There are some quiet streets surrounding the lake but the neighborhood has a little bit of everything. I passed Northwest Hospital (noting a land use action sign proposing a rezone to height limit), a trailer park (probably the last in the north end), apartments, businesses along Aurora, a household hazardous waste site, North Seattle Church, and lots of cemeteries.


Walking along the northwest end of Evergreen Washeli Cemetery, I spotted Pacific Lutheran Cemetery, ...


... the Orthodox Brotherly Cemetery of Saint Nicholas, ...


... Seattle Historic Sephardic Cemetery, ...


... and Bikup Cholum Cemetery.

There are more cemeteries here too, but that's for another walk when I go looking for a statue and a totem pole.

The dead end street near this unique planter ...

led me to a mini park.

A partial history of the area is recorded along the perimeter of the waste site.






On this 4.5 mile walk, I spotted two Little Free Libraries. One contained mostly children's books, the other mostly current fiction but also some nonfiction.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog