Today's meandering walk was an attempt to fill in streets I had missed on prior walks in Northeast Seattle. Most of the streets were in the Victory Heights neighborhood but a few were in Meadowbrook. That's where I came across the new location of the Northeast Seattle Tool Library in the old Lavilla Dairy building on Fischer Place.


Lake City Way was noisy but I didn't need to walk too far away to find quiet dead-end streets. This staircase at 105th Street on the east side of Lake City Way took me to Fischer Place. It's a nice new staircase, too bad so much trash has been left there.


Just north of this staircase, the old Don Willis Furniture store is being converted into housing.


Near Fischer Place, I noticed a new design on a manhole cover.


Back on the west side of Lake City Way, there is a staircase at 103rd.

Lake City Way still has car dealerships but there are a growing number of pot shops, storage facilities and massage places. There is even a cat boarding facility.


Over in Victory Heights, it took me a while to realize that 105th neither crosses nor goes under 15th Avenue; it dead-ends there. 


Searching for a part of 105th I thought I had missed on prior walks, I came to an entry the Kingfisher Natural Area on Thornton Creek at 104th and 17th.


This staircase goes from Daniel Place to 120th and 26th. Daniel Place  is about one block long and goes from that location to Lake City Way.


One this 8 mile walk, I spotted a kid-sized workshop, ...


... a decorated utility box, ...


... water running in Thornton Creek, ...


... imaginative uses for old bathroom fixtures, ...




... and some houses that showed real pride of ownership.


I passed Victory Heights Play Area and a bulletin board that noted upcoming events. I also passed five Little Free Libraries. They contained children's books, magazines, history books, novels, non fiction, a book on how to be successful and a Portuguese/English dictionary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog